The Pittsburgh Penguins have released their preseason schedule – the prelude to their 2014-15 campaign.
Their first game is set to be on Monday, Sept. 22, against the Detroit Red Wings in the CONSOL Energy Center – per the Pens’ Twitter handle.
— Pittsburgh Penguins (@penguins) June 18, 2014
Here’s a look at their schedule – courtesy of the Pens’ website:
- Sept. 22 – Detroit Red Wings – 7 p.m.
- Sept. 23 – at Columbus Blue Jackets – 7 p.m.
- Sept. 25 – Minnesota Wild – 7 p.m.
- Sept. 27 – Columbus Blue Jackets – 4 p.m.
- Sept. 29 – at Minnesota Wild – 8 p.m.
- Oct. 1 – at Detroit Red Wings – 7:30 p.m.
Given Pittsburgh’s probability of utilizing their farm system more next season, these preseason games will be interesting to evaluate certain players.
Especially the young defensemen, who figure to be in line to make the roster should Deryk Engelland, Matt Niskanen, and Brooks Orpik all depart.
Their first preseason game is set to be broadcasted on Pittsburgh’s CW (WPCW).
Tags: Pittsburgh Penguins